Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

1/31/2007

One of Those Days

You ever have one of those days? We all do. I'm not talking about the my dog got hit by the garbage truck, grandma's turning tricks on the corner of Howard and Pratt and your sister just lost her virginity and got pregnant by the 25 year old loser you graduated with who did nothing but work on his 1988 Camaro back in school. I'm talking about the average everything seems to be going wrong day. That day where there's no big thing that pisses you off but a bunch of little things annoy the hell out of you. Prepare for a rant.

First, the office smelled like burnt rubber from the time I got to work this morning till lunch, took a two hour break, and then returned promptly at two and stayed for the rest of the day. It must have had a doctor's appointment or something. I have no idea where it originated from considering the office is new but my bet's on either the copier was engulfed in flame or an old fashion tire fire. If I didn't have a shit load of work to get done I may have stopped to enjoy the fumes in a vain attempt to get high. However, as luck would have it, I had to push through the enveloping smell and work through it. I wonder if anyone else smelled it? I didn't even think to ask. Maybe I have been working too hard.

Second, I took three shits between the hours of 1 pm and 8 pm. This may not seem that bad to you, but it's highly irregular for me. I have a tender ass. One that I baby as much as possible. The ass tissue - toilet paper to the laymen - at the office is good for one wipe session only. Any more and prepare to use band aids because you will be bleeding. I've often debated whether to have my own roll of TP with me at work and today was the closing argument. Two times were at the office and once at home. I like going at home. I'll hold it to go at home. But by the time I arrived home today and was forced to deuce number three, I might as well have been wiping with a two by four. It was like the civil war back there. North, my hand, verse South, my ass, and just like history, my ass ended up taking a beating.

Third, and this one is truly the shit icing on the crap cake, VT's men's basketball, who until tonight were in first place in the ACC, lost to NC State. NC State is the last place team in the ACC in case you were wondering. I actually had a premonition about the game while I gingerly sat in the driver's seat on the commute home. I told myself, the way things are going today, Tech will probably lose tonight just to finish things off. And look they did. The hope of pulling out a decent day was mauled by a pack of wolves.

The only thing to do now - other than drink myself into oblivion, which would automatically create another bad day tomorrow - is to head to bed and thank god for another day. Today may have sucked and tomorrow might too, but I'm optimistic enough to think that one day things will turn themselves around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home