Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

4/24/2007

Weekly Running Update 4-24-07

I hit the snag. I knew it was going to happen and now it has. Much like the blister on my left foot made running, let's say, difficult, a new and much more sinister blister on my right foot made things next to impossible. I went out last Tuesday, hobbled for fifty yards, stopped on the middle of a down hill, turned around and hobbled the walk of man with two different length legs back to the house. As you might have guessed, I wasn't happy and neither was the blister. I had to drain it last week twice a day with a razor knife just to be able to walk. I'd cut it open. It'd miraculously seal itself up and fill with fluid. Over and over we went around on that ferris wheel of pain, till finally I said enough and sheared the flap of skin off completely. The blister was less than happy, but without its precious skin flap protection it soon stopped bleeding, calmed its barking and dried up. A few day later I was back to walking without a limp, though it did take some time to get over the feeling of my new callus. It just rubbed weird, you know? Either way, I have a distinct feeling that this was the first of many battles and not the war. Round numero uno if you know what I'm saying.

I finally got back to running today, after a week off, and things weren't that bad. It was warmer than its been lately and I'd like to take this time to remind you all to drink a lot of water before participating in strenuous outdoor activity. Heat stoke is the number one killer of the elderly midgets. Sure, I might have just made that up but I'm serious about the point. In fact, I provided a perfect example of the dangers of heat stroke today. I mean, I'm probably not even writing this post. I bet it's all in head and I'm really lying on the side of the road convulsing uncontrollably. Ok, maybe that's not accurate either but I'd like to think it is. One true thing I can tell you is I definitely experienced some of the warning signs. I suddenly stop perspiring and cold chills like a fever coursed over my body. Not very pleasant but when your out on the path, the only thing you can do is keep going and make it home. So that's just what I did. I'll make it a point to load up on water tomorrow. That should take care of it.

Running Sunday thought will not be seen this week due to the fact that Calitri's a lazy asshole and didn't make the run. I feel terrible, like the guy who was supposed to bring the beer for the party but showed up empty handed. Quite a retch of a man am I. Moving forward, I'll try to do better. The weather's nice and I'm injury free, so things are looking up. Have a nice humpy day tomorrow everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home