Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

10/16/2006

Substitution!

Kristen,

Just wanted to let you that I've found, what I believe to be, a suitable, if not superior, replacement for the now shunned word, "irregardless". I know its built-in double negative is too much negative for you to handle and as much as I like to annoy you, I don't want my writing to be the reason you jumped off the cliff. Hence forth, in all writing posted on this blog, when I want to say, "irregardless", I will type "nonetheless" and possibly "nevertheless" if I'm feeling a little frisky (can a straight man use the word "frisky" to describe how he feels? I think it crosses into a grey area I generally don't run into. Oh well, can't take it back now can I? The little lady is going to be quite upset when she finds out I smoke pole). Hope this knowledge brightens your day, my word-smith friend.

-Calitri

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I feel so much better already. You could even go so far as to pepper (yes I said pepper) your writing with a little bit of "notwithstanding." Knock yourself out!

-L.T.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Calitri said...

Pepper makes me sneeze. My mom always said people who use pepper were the devil. Maybe a little every now and then wouldn't hurt. I'll talk to mom about it. I don't want to go to hell. Nice L.T. usage by the way.

4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home