Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

9/01/2006

CD Now blows

Ok, so this was supposed to be the review that I posted on cdnow. com of the Panic! at the Disco CD but I couldn't figure out how to post without my name showing up. It's not that I'm ashamed to put my name to it, I just don't like putting my full name on the internet when I'm insulting people. Go here first,

http://www.amazon.com/Fever-You-Cant-Sweat-Out/dp/B000AMJDHY/sr=8-1/
qid=1157148628/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6309151-7886354?ie=UTF8&s=music


(Sorry I don't know html that well) Read the reviews then come back because it will make more sense that way. Anyway, the following is my review which probably never would have gotten posted anyway because it's slightly insulting.

First of all, I don’t care what “cdnow” classifies these guys as, they’re not punk. That’s not a knock is just the truth and I don’t think they want to be anyway. Secondly, they’re not Fall Out Boy and sound nothing like them so if you compare them there’s no way you know what you’re talking about. Thirdly, who cares if the song titles are long? They wrote the songs, they can choose to name the songs whatever they want. I’m sorry if it takes more time to download the songs over the internet but deal with it. Fourthly, the lyrics aren’t immature and gimmicky at all. Yeah, it sucks that they write catchy songs that stick with you for awhile, but the content is mature and witty to say the least. Granted, they’re not Shakespeare but at least every song isn’t about their childhood (Everclear) or about their time spent in High School (Blink 182). There’s at least some reason and rhyme to their songs past, “I was a dork in high school and no one wanted to go to prom with me”. I offer to the jury “Nails…” and “I constantly…”, neither of which deal with juvenile subjects nor use juvenile writing. Someone wrote that there aren’t any solos. To that I’d say that they’re looking in the wrong place. Panic is much more about song structure and composition than individual praise, not to mention their type of music is not conducive to solos other than the horns and the keyboard. Honestly, I would compare them to any ska band before throwing them in the pop punk ranks. Basically, they are a beat driven band that definitely fits emo and maybe alternative but nothing else. To summarize, listen to them, if you don’t like it, move on. They are different and interesting and I’m trying to quantify them but there’s no one genre that they absolutely fit into. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean that it’s not good music. Maybe it just means that you’re an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home