Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

1/06/2008

January 6, 2008

Scheduled Miles: 10
Miles Ran: 3.5
Total Time: 0:23:40
Current Weight: 180

And thus it begins. The first run of many more to come. It's a sobering thought - such a long journey. A truckload of hard work ahead and you know nothing scares me more than a shitstorm of hard work on the horizon. But I got myself into this and I'm going to see it through. I've done it before and I'll do it again. They say the first step is always the hardest. Don't they? So here we go, time to lay out the map.

First, let's get some formatting issues out the way. I'm planning on starting every entry with the list you see above. I may add some categories as needed but I figured this was a good start. Each entry will be titled with the date I wrote it, unless it's off subject/a tangential topic, which I'm sure will happen every once in a while. No Lindsay Lohan stuff, though, I promise. That's pretty much it. The list then I'll move on to reflections on the day's run, updates on my current condition, whatever.

Being the goal oriented creatures that we are, I figured I'd start by laying down some supplemental goals to the aforementioned Boston qualifying and sub 3 hour performance. Most of these are intertwined with the main goals and are things I feel I need to do to reach the pinnacle of success.

1) Get to a running weight of 160
2) Improve my eating habits
3) Stick with the training schedule I laid out before training started for the Marine Corp
4) Incorporate weight training into my daily regiment
5) Become a ripped, hot and sexy model
6) Talk about how much of a ripped, hot and sexy model type I am all over the internet with people who can't and probably never will actually see me or give a shit

Ok, maybe those last two were a bit of joke, but it would be cool to transform into a hot and sexy model type. My wife would probably like it till all the media attention strained our relationship to a breaking point and we divorced in a bitter and ultimately mind-numbingly long court battle for custody of the dog.

Back to the running, huh? Today's run was, by all accounts, short and easy. But it was definitely what the doctor ordered as I am supremely sore from the flag football game I played yesterday. Frozen ground really does feel amazingly like concrete when you're diving for the endzone on it. More to come Tuesday. I have off tomorrow and will more than likely just throw some weights around a room or toss Brandi from a second story window. I'm just looking to get a little work in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home