Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

6/23/2006

An Injustice Righted

I feel I’ve been remiss in my writing of late. Not because of the content or subject of my writing but because I have not written about a topic, which deserved my immediate yet unreciprocated attention. Therefore, allow me to apologize for the gaff committed and attempt to right the wrong by giving you your due time. Although it may be too late, I pray that one day in your heart you will find a way to forgive me.

Liquid confidence is what some have called you and truly you are. I can’t thank you enough for how many times I’ve made an ass out of myself because of your persistent encouragement. I truly do mean thank you. I would surely have missed a bevy of experiences without your gentle nudge. The streaking, late night drum circles, random fires, bar fights, hookups it was all made possible because of you. In fact, looking back on my life, I’m not sure how I survived before I met you. We’ll chalk it up to ignorance and thank God it can never happen again.

You were the best wingman ever; smoothly making every interaction with the fairer sexy fluid and less complicated. Constantly at my side, you’d whisper encouraging words in my ear, telling me just the right thing to say, with no selfish desires for yourself. Your selfless actions and consummate professionalism helped me more than I may ever know. You had a job to do and you’d stay at your task relentlessly. A killer with the ladies and every guys best friend, you true are a jack of all trades.

You are the light at the end of the tunnel after a hard day of slave labor. You are a goal that can always be reached, yet the sense of accomplishment is never diminished. You have no judgment, no prejudice, no high morals or snobbishness. You are there for every man yet you feel so personal to each of us. An unwavering friend whose ability to listen, confidential, to our stories and heartbreaks is only overmatched by the ability to then make us feel better.

I’m sorry that I wrote about water first and ignored you. It was a lapse in judgment. A moment of weakness where I gave in to a whim and temptation instead of turning on my heart light and finding what I really care about. You are my Michelangelo Buonarroti, my Mozart, my Dan Brown and my Leonard Maltin. Remember, you are made of water, as am I, but we have something more. We have other ingredients that make us better. Water is one dimensional, but you my friend have depth, personality and charm. Let me now say your name and proclaim your greatness to the word: Beer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Uno said...

Ahh, beer. That sweet elixir responsible for so many nights of passion and flaccidity. That it frequently sends me in opposite directions should tell me that it compromises integrity, but I'm not listening anyway. I mewl like an infant til I get that bottle in my mouth. It is truly the next-best thing to a tit.

Good to see you in the comments the other day, brother. It's a shame you're way the hell over there and I'm way the hell over here. I'm sure we could make some stories worth writing if ever we joined forces.

Cheers.

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home