Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

1/21/2008

January 21st

It's the beginning of speed week - yesterday being the first day - and I'm looking forward to quick workouts that reinvent my idea of pace and speed. Plus, I'll get a little extra time back to do with whatever comes to my mind considering my longest run will be four miles.

As usual, this week's schedule will have to skew from planned due to an unexpected but much looked forward to trip to NYC tomorrow. It's a business trip but will hopefully involve a minimal amount of actual business goings on and a good bit of drinking. At least if I have anything to do with it. Because of said trip, I'm pushing tomorrow's run up to today. Shouldn't be much of a problem as yesterday's long run was an easy six mile tromp. I'll more than likely then move Thursday's run to Wednesday, ensuring I don't have a two day break - the killer of all things momentum. And since I'm always off Friday, ignoring last Friday, I'm hoping to get some track work or maybe hills in on Thursday to again avoid the two day layoff.

The way my whole training schedule lays out is two weeks on, one week off meaning that I'm pushing, adding distance, maintaining pace and generally logging a shitload of miles for two weeks straight then I get a week to fall back and recover before the next distance push. Things continue on as such until I run the event. It'd be sweet to run my four tonight in twenty minutes but I don't think I'm at that level yet. The fast single mile I've run was a 4:52 in high school and I still have trouble imagining that pace over a longer distance not to mention the addition of hills, cold, wind, ect. I'll report back later tonight, hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home