Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

1/09/2008

January 9th

Scheduled Miles: 8
Miles Ran: 8
Total Time: 0:56:12
Current Weight: 176.5
Current Condition: Tired

I was close to eclipsing the 1 hour mark today and let me tell ya, it wasn't fun. Eight's the most I've ran thus far, of course, it's only the first week. Honestly, the distance wasn't a problem. Once you've run 26.2 nothing seems far, but it did feel like it took a long time despite keeping a good pace. After four straight days of pounding pavement, I am quite the tired boy and I absolutely can't wait for a day off tomorrow.

It totally sucks that I had to rearrange my training schedule in the first week. It's something I'll try avoiding in the future, but I have a thing for work after work tomorrow, making a run impossible. It pretty much screwed up the whole week. Normally, I would never go four straight days but maybe getting through a rough beginning will help me out later. Twenty-four miles in four days. Seems like a lot but, trust me, it's nothing.

I know it's tangential, but I'm going with it anyway, so let's talk about showers. They're tedious and boring, unless that's your masturbation time and then they might just be the highlight of your day a la American Beauty, but we've got to deal with them every day so let's deal.

I take my shower at night after I run, mainly so I'm not getting into bed all sweat crusty and nasty. I'm a firm believer that everyone has at least one shower routine, whether they're aware of it or not. For example, I happen to have two. The first is a top to bottom wash - hair, face, body in that order. That's the preferred method. The other would be a bottom to top wash - body, face, hair - but I've always had a problem going straight from washing my ass to washing my face. Call me crazy and I know there's a lot of water and soap in between but I just can't bring myself to scrap crusties out of my ass, rinse my hand off, then proceed to put that filth hand all around my eyes and mouth. Nasty. So that one ends up going body, hair, face. I don't know what the difference between poo particles in the hair and poo particles on the face is but I'm sure there's a difference. Anyone out there brave enough to go bottom up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home