Writing scary it's bad. Wait...

1/10/2008

January 10th

Scheduled Miles: 0
Miles Ran: 0
Total Time: -
Current Weight: 176.5
Current Condition: In recovery

So, it seems Us Weekly decide to get me flipping out of my chair mad by reporting that dead-eyed, servant-slave to Xanu Katie Holmes was planning to run the Boston. I happened upon the article whilst browsing StarPulse.com because apparently they'll publish anything. I honestly had to sit on my hands and collect myself to keep from throwing the monitor half way across the office. If race organizers had bent the rules and exempted her from the 3:40 qualifying time for her group, especially since she put up such a gaudy time of 5 hours and 30 minutes in the New York, I would have seriously considered not going if I qualified.

Instead of freaking out and tearing down the office brick by brick, I decided to dig a little deeper, hoping to confirm my suspicions that the story was nothing but shitty reporting and/or a complete fabrication. Thankfully, the Boston Globe came somewhat through, disproving the story citing the equally untrustworthy Ok! Magazine as their source. For my health and the health of those around me today, I'm going to assume Ok!'s got their story straight. And if by chance they didn't, meaning alien Queen Crazy is participating, don't tell me until someone is ready with the straitjacket.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dk said...

Just to make you bitter - I believe that you can run Boston without qualifying. There was some show (possibly NOVA) on PBS that had average people train for the marathon. And I believe they ran Boston. Now, I also remember that there were 3 sets of people - Elite (basically professional marathon runners, you know, sub 5 minute mile times) - Qualifiers (what I presume you are attempting to do) and lastly everyone else.

I didn't do any research for that at all - but to keep up with celebrity nonsense - the obvious subtext of your new running log - I just posted a comment anyway.

6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home